Giovanni Ceccarelli is a very active jazz educator, with 30 years of international teaching experience.
He gives private courses, clinics, masterclasses, workshops, and lectures on:
- jazz piano
- piano for jazz instrumentalists and singers
- jazz improvisation
- jazz ensemble
- rhythmic training
- interpretation workshop for singers
- history of jazz
- guided listening
- introduction to music for children
In 1999 he is invited for a Visiting Artist Lecture, together with USA guitarist and faculty member Garrison Fewell, at the Berklee College of Music in Boston, MA, USA.
In 2015 he teaches jazz piano and piano for jazz instrumentalists and singers at the National Music Conservatory “A. Vivaldi” in Alessandria, Italy.
Giovanni has been founding member and president of InJazz Cultural Association (2000-2012), organizing, being in charge of the didactic direction, and teaching at the InJazz Summer Clinics (14 editions) in Fabriano and at the SpringInJazz Music Seminars (4 editions) in Labro, Italy.
In 2010-2011 he teaches jazz piano, improvisation, and ensemble music at the French Cultural Institute in Damascus, Syria. The Syrian national television broadcasts a reportage on the courses plus an interview to Giovanni.
He has taught piano, jazz and improvisation in several music conservatories, universities, schools and privately in Italy, France, USA, Syria and Lebanon.
You can study music with Giovanni by:
- becoming a member of his Online Music Education Program on Patreon;
- taking private lessons with him in his studio in Paris, France;
- taking live streaming music lessons;
- taking music lessons through video exchange;
- practicing with Giovanni’s play/sing-along audio tracks for instrumentalists and vocalists.
Contact for booking a teaching event with Giovanni Ceccarelli: Brama.
Photo credits: Vanessa Van Renterghem.